The overall purpose of this role is to set up, manage and develop the governance and performance management processes for procurement across the organisation – contributing towards:
- Measurable improvements in efficiencies for the University through procurement improvement
- A professional service and the development of the procurement community
- Flexible and creative support to transform operations
- High standards of corporate governance
- Establishing the organisation as a leader for procurement services.
You will have:
- Previous experience in a procurement environment
- Proven / demonstrated advanced data collation and analysis skills
- Experience of using and supporting systems, particularly eMarketplace software
- Previous experience in developing and delivering training and user support
Interviews to be held 4th and 5th March 2021
Informal contact details
Alternative informal contact details
Director of Procurement
0118 378 8304
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. By reference to the applicable SOC code for this role, sponsorship may be possible under the Skilled Worker Route. Applicants should ensure that they are able to meet the points requirement under the PBS. There is further information about this on the UK Visas and Immigration Website.
The University is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce, supports the gender equality Athena SWAN Charter and the Race Equality Charter, and is a Diversity Champion for Stonewall, the leading LGBT+ rights organisation. Applications for job-share, part-time and flexible working arrangements are welcomed and will be considered in line with business needs.