The overall purpose of this role is to lead, manage and develop the processes, governance and performance management for procurement and insurance across the organisation – contributing towards:
- The University Strategy and Policies
- Measurable improvements in efficiencies for the University through procurement and insurance improvement
- A professional service and the development of the procurement and insurance community
- Flexible and creative support to transform operations
- High standards of corporate governance
- Establishing the organisation as a leader for procurement insurance services.
In the absence of the Director of Procurement, the post holder will deputise for insurance and procurement matters.
You will have:
- expert authority in public sector procurement and the economics of procurement
- ability to manage and prioritise a number of areas and competing demands
- a thorough understanding of the operational procurement processes and their operation throughout the procurement cycle from analysing the requirement, procurement planning, tendering and contract set-up and review.
- demonstrating experience in the development and management of procurement performance
Interviews to be held 10th and 12th March 2021
Informal contact details
Director of Procurement
0118 378 8304
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. By reference to the applicable SOC code for this role, sponsorship may be possible under the Skilled Worker Route. Applicants should ensure that they are able to meet the points requirement under the PBS. There is further information about this on the UK Visas and Immigration Website
The University is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce, supports the gender equality Athena SWAN Charter and the Race Equality Charter, and is a Diversity Champion for Stonewall, the leading LGBT+ rights organisation. Applications for job-share, part-time and flexible working arrangements are welcomed and will be considered in line with business needs.