Henley Business School at the University of Reading, is seeking to appoint an Associate Professor in Operations Management, who will undertake the development, delivery and academic leadership in the area of operations management with a particular focus in our MBA programmes, with associated responsibilities in administration and outreach activities as well as scholarly research.
You will be part of a vibrant global institution that continuously seeks to improve upon everything we do and be recognised for being a truly international business school, the excellence of our learning experience, world-class research and thinking, our sense of community and responsibility, the strength of our networks, and the breadth and depth of our relationships with industry.
- teach a range of modules in the broad area of operations management primarily in The Henley MBA programmes, but also in undergraduate and pre-experience master’s programmes as agreed by the Head of Business Informatics, Systems and Accounting (BISA);
- travel and teach at overseas locations as required as well as deliver teaching on a number of weekends throughout the year;
- take on administrative duties and academic citizenship activities as well as academic leadership roles as appropriate;
- engage in scholarship to remain at the forefront of the subject area
You will have:
- a PhD/DBA in Operations Management or closely related subject;
- demonstrable ability in excellent Teaching & Learning practice, impacting on student experience/outcomes;
- specialist knowledge of operations management which is suitable to be able to provide high quality experiential learning for MBA and corporate audience;
- knowledge of business practice and corporations in relation to operations management
- teaching experience at an HE institution
The post is expected to be designated as teaching-intensive. The appointee is expected to be based at Henley Business School’s Greenlands Campus in Henley-on-Thames.
Interview date TBC
Informal contact details
Alternative informal contact details
Head of Business Informatics, Systems and Accounting
Director of Studies
Prof. Keiichi Nakata
Dr Niran Subramaniam
+44 (0) 118 378 4423
+44 (0) 118 378 4503
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. By reference to the applicable SOC code for this role, sponsorship may be possible under the Skilled Worker Route. Applicants should ensure that they are able to meet the points requirement under the PBS. There is further information about this on the UK Visas and Immigration Website
The University is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce, supports the gender equality Athena SWAN Charter and the Race Equality Charter, and is a Diversity Champion for Stonewall, the leading LGBT+ rights organisation. Applications for job-share, part-time and flexible working arrangements are welcomed and will be considered in line with business needs.