INTERNAL CANDIDATES ONLY ARE INVITED TO APPLY
The Admissions Team (within Global Recruitment and Admissions) is responsible for handling applications to almost all award-bearing courses at the University. The University of Reading has an ambitious vision for the future and our Global Recruitment & Admissions service has a key role in achieving this.
As an Admissions Officer you will take a lead role in considering (for approval on behalf of the University) recommendations made on individual applications and to contribute to the management and operation of the Admissions Team. You will organise procedures and operations for a defined area of responsibility within the Admissions Team (which may be subject to change in accordance with the changing needs of the business) and will play a crucial role in delivering an excellent admissions service to our applicants.
You will have:
- A good first degree or equivalent experience
- Strong experience in Higher Education admissions
- Excellent administrative skills
- Ability to use IT systems and software appropriate to the role
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Willingness and ability to work effectively and accurately under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Experience of interpreting complex admissions guidelines/procedures accurately
- Clear, consistent judgement
- Ability to engage with administrative and academic colleagues clearly, persuasively and with confidence
- Knowledge of UK and International qualifications
Interview date: 09/12/2020
Informal contact details
Senior Admissions Manager
0118 378 6476
The University is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce, supports the gender equality Athena SWAN Charter and the Race Equality Charter, and is a Diversity Champion for Stonewall, the leading LGBT+ rights organisation. Applications for job-share, part-time and flexible working arrangements are welcomed and will be considered in line with business needs.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates who do not already have permission to work in the UK should note that this role is not recognised as a graduate level job by UK Visas and Immigrationand the Tier 2 sponsorship route is not available for non-graduate level occupations. There is further information about this on the UK Visas and Immigration Website.