The Service Desk is at the heart of Digital Technology Services, providing first line IT support, responding to incidents and service requests via the Self-Service Portal, telephone, email, face-to-face and remote support tools.
The post holder will be responsible for the operational coordination of the team including managing shifts, acting as a senior escalation point to the team and supporting the Head of Customer Experience & Service Delivery to ensure the quality and timeliness of the delivery of IT Support.
This role requires the ability to develop effective working relationships with colleagues, in order to ensure that a consistent,high quality service is delivered by the Service Desk.
This is a fast-paced and varied role, requiring excellent communication and customer service skills as well as a broad range of IT knowledge. The successful applicant will have experience of promoting a work ethic of delivering excellent standards, resolving queries efficiently and effectively.
You will have:
- Experience of staff scheduling and effective team co-ordination
- Supervisory and coaching skills and the ability to influence and motivate others
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- The ability to work effectively under pressure
- Experience of day-to-day planning and prioritisation of workload
- Understanding of the importance of customer experience in the delivery of IT services
Interview date TBC
Informal contact details
Head of Customer Experience & Service Delivery
0118 378 2904
The University is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce, supports the gender equality Athena SWAN Charter and the Race Equality Charter, and is a Diversity Champion for Stonewall, the leading LGBT+ rights organisation. Applications for job-share, part-time and flexible working arrangements are welcomed and will be considered in line with business needs.