We wish to appoint a research associate in the field of drug delivery, who will play a pivotal role in two exciting projects at the interface between chemistry and biology. The Research Associate will work in parallel on two projects making polymer-drug conjugates for different therapeutic application. The projects involve both the synthesis and the in vitro evaluation of the conjugates. The Research Associate will be part of a team involving UK and international collaborators.
You will have:
- Previous experience in the synthesis of polymer-drug conjugates.
- Experience in the analytical characterisation of polymer-drug conjugates.
- Experience of NMR, UV, and HPLC.
- Experience in cell culture work.
- Knowledge of the field of drug-delivery.
- Knowledge of polymer-drug conjugates and design needs.
- Previous experience in writing manuscripts for publication.
- Experience in analysis of data and presenting data to a publication standard (figures and tables).
This position would suit candidates who have completed their PhD, or are close to submitting their PhD thesis.
Interview date: 30th September 2020
Informal contact details
Alternative informal contact details
Associate Professor in Drug Delivery
Professor in Biomedicinal Chemistry
The University is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce, supports the gender equality Athena SWAN Charter and the Race Equality Charter, and is a Diversity Champion for Stonewall, the leading LGBT+ rights organisation. Applications for job-share, part-time and flexible working arrangements are welcomed and will be considered in line with business needs.