We are seeking to recruit a highly motivated Cleaning Operative to join our Cleaning Services Team to deliver high quality cleaning services to the University.
As part of Campus Services, the Cleaning Services team play a significant part in providing service excellence to the University community, its visitors and guests: ensuring our campuses function and are fit for purpose to support the day to day University business. The team work closely with other Campus Services Teams: Building Support, Portering and Security to ensure continuity of service.
Knowledge of modern cleaning techniques and schedules and the ability to work as part of a small team is essential. Previous experience of working in the cleaning industry is essential although full training will be given.
The post is part time with an early morning start and will be based at a satellite site (Thames Valley Science Park) which has limited availability for public transport – so own transport is essential. This appointment is a fixed term appointment to July 2021.
You will have:
- Appropriate experience working within cleaning industry
- Understanding of Health and Safety issues applied to the cleaning industry with an ability to demonstrate an understanding of the principles of COSHH
- Good communication skills
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment
- A willingness to work flexibly on a number of different tasks and be able to use initiative and prioritise work
- Experience of working within a team/team player
- A good command of English
- A good level of literacy and numeracy
- A confident, friendly, and polite demeanour
- A good level of general health
- Willingness and ability to work overtime when required
Interview: 7th September 2020
|Informal Contact details||Alternative Contact details |
|Cleaning Services Manager ||Cleaning Supervisor|
|Michelle Baker ||Sajan Shrestha |
|0118 378 8415||0118 378 5213|
The University is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce, supports the gender equality Athena SWAN Charter and the Race Equality Charter, and is a Diversity Champion for Stonewall, the leading LGBT+ rights organisation. Applications for job-share, part-time and flexible working arrangements are welcomed and will be considered in line with business needs.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates who do not already have permission to work in the UK should note that this role is not recognised as a graduate level job by UK Visas and Immigrationand the Tier 2 sponsorship route is not available for non-graduate level occupations. There is further information about this on the UK Visas and Immigration Website.