The School of Psychology and Clinical Language Sciences is seeking to appoint an outstanding Lecturer in Psychology, who will develop and deliver high quality teaching and supervision on our undergraduate and postgraduate programmes and contribute to research at University of Reading.
We particularly welcome applications from candidates with backgrounds in Clinical Psychology, Applied Psychology and/or Individual Differences. Applicants should be able to supervise undergraduate and postgraduate research projects and placements on clinically-relevant topics. They should be able to contribute to the highly collaborative, inter-disciplinary and collegiate research environment at Reading.
You will have:
- Doctorate (PhD) in psychology, ideally on a topic relevant to clinical psychology, applied psychology or individual differences
- Experience of teaching psychology in a Higher Education setting
- Track record of publications in respectable journals, commensurate with career stage
- Commitment to excellence in teaching and research and to enhancing student experience
- Commitment to professionalism in interactions with colleagues and students
- Good organisational and interpersonal skills
Interview date: 10/09/2020
Informal contact details
Alternative informal contact details
Head of School
Head of School
Prof Carmel Houston-Price
Dr Graham Schafer
+44 (0) 118 378 6795
+44 (0) 118 378 7550
The University is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce, supports the gender equality Athena SWAN Charter and the Race Equality Charter, and is a Diversity Champion for Stonewall, the leading LGBT+ rights organisation. Applications for job-share, part-time and flexible working arrangements are welcomed and will be considered in line with business needs.