Henley is widely recognised for training future leaders with strong business acumen, who are responsible and have a wider perspective. Henley Careers and Professional Development empowers and enables students to leave the Business School confident in being able to progress their immediate and longer term career ambitions.
Many other institutions offer business education, so what makes Henley different? The answer is, we are about much more than just education. We offer the opportunity to live, breathe, practice and create business. On our beautiful green campus in Berkshire, our values of sustainability and community are a vital part of our work and we collaborate in building University reputation alongside student success. We are now looking for multiple impactful Careers Consultants who can offer the right balance of digital and face-to-face career learning and coaching, strategic consultancy to academic departments and the ability to manage employability related projects.
We are looking to appoint a strategically-minded and outcome-oriented Careers Consultant who will work in an agile and collaborative way to develop our students. This is a busy, complex and varied role, drawing on a range of skills and abilities in which the post-holder will:
- Provide both digitally supported and face-to-face career learning workshops, lectures and one-to-one career coaching;
- Build relationships and work closely with stakeholders across the Business School and the wider University developing and delivering teaching and learning interventions and projects to enhance student employability and refine student career identities;
- Provide consultancy, expert labour market analysis and advice for academics to enhance the skill development and employment outcomes of their students;
- Organise, analyse and communicate quantitative and qualitative data relevant to their caseload;
- Lead on the design and delivery of in curriculum and extra curricular careers and employability sessions, according to the caseload
- Play a full and collaborative role in the team and contribute to the ongoing evolution and enhancement of the service.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a sophisticated communicator, both written and orally, who can influence and build relationships with a wide range of people at different levels of seniority.
- Be able to demonstrate significant, relevant coaching, CIAG or recruitment experience and be able to run a very busy diary of one to one appointments delivered face to face and online as well
- Have experience of delivering teaching or training with small and large groups delivered face to face and online as well
The role is available on a full-time, permanent basis.
Interview date TBC
Informal contact details
|Director of Careers Service|
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. By reference to the applicable SOC code for this role, sponsorship may be possible under the Skilled Worker Route. Applicants should ensure that they are able to meet the points requirement under the PBS. There is further information about this on the UK Visas and Immigration Website.
The University is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce, supports the gender equality Athena SWAN Charter and the Race Equality Charter, and is a Diversity Champion for Stonewall, the leading LGBT+ rights organisation. Applications for job-share, part-time and flexible working arrangements are welcomed and will be considered in line with business needs.