Exciting part-time opportunity to join our Sustainability Services team to help deliver our net zero carbon ambitions and realise our aim to be the greenest university in the UK. You will play a key role in the delivery of energy, carbon and water reduction projects as well as supporting energy and sustainability behaviour change programmes and the University’s Energy Management System.
Opportunity to apply your existing energy and communications experience by joining our leading Sustainability Services team to help deliver our net zero carbon ambitions by taking a key role in the identification, quantification and development of energy, carbon and water reduction projects in our estate.
You will work closely with the wider Sustainability Services and Estates teams, also helping to ensure good energy practice is embedded across the University in line with our Energy Management System, including through the delivery of energy and sustainability behavioural change programmes.
You will have:
- A good understanding of identifying and quantifying opportunities for energy, carbon and water savings, including building controls, low carbon heating and renewables
- A good working knowledge of energy legislation and Energy Management Systems such as ISO50001
- Previous project experience, including good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good organisation and prioritisation skills with the ability to deliver to tight deadlines
- Good written communication skills, including writing business cases and management reports
- Experience of delivering presentations and behaviour change programmes
Job share applications will be considered.
Informal contact details
Energy & Sustainability Director
Closing Date: 24/01/2022
Interview Date: 02/02/2022
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-UK candidates who do not already have permission to work in the UK should note that by reference to the applicable SOC code for this role, sponsorship will not be possible under the Skilled Worker Route. There is further information about this on the UK Visas and Immigration Website.
The University is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce, supports the gender equality Athena SWAN Charter and the Race Equality Charter, and is a Diversity Champion for Stonewall, the leading LGBT+ rights organisation. Applications for job-share, part-time and flexible working arrangements are welcomed and will be considered in line with business needs.