Mental Health is an area we at the University of Reading take very seriously, we are looking for a dynamic team player who can think outside the box and offer guidance, support (both individually and in a group/workshop) and compassion to our students and staff. We are expanding our Volunteer Placement service, you will co-lead this.
Counselling and Wellbeing Services are dedicated to supporting students at the University of Reading. We offer a wide range of support and are growing our service provision. As part of our team you will share a healthy working environment with the drive for growth and development.
You will have:
- Qualification in Supervision, with experience of supporting trainee counsellors
- Experience of supporting those with complex mental health conditions
- The ability to manage crisis situations and appropriately respond and refer those needing additional support
- The ability to develop, coordinate and host workshops and groups
- Experience of using a database
- The ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines
Interview date: tbc
Informal contact details
Director of Student Wellbeing Services
0118 378 4216
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. By reference to the applicable SOC code for this role, sponsorship may be possible under the Skilled Worker Route. Applicants should ensure that they are able to meet the points requirement under the PBS. There is further information about this on the UK Visas and Immigration Website.
The University is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce, supports the gender equality Athena SWAN Charter and the Race Equality Charter, and is a Diversity Champion for Stonewall, the leading LGBT+ rights organisation. Applications for job-share, part-time and flexible working arrangements are welcomed and will be considered in line with business needs.