Henley Business School is a globally ranked, internationally renowned business school and part of the University of Reading. We are seeking to recruit a new Business Development Manager into our Henley Partnership team to support growth in numbers and value of memberships.
This Business Development Manager role is a newly created post and would suit an applicant with a proven track record of developing and winning business in the learning, talent and leadership development space, together with experience in helping organisations to improve performance through learning, development and behaviour change of their people and culture.
The new Business Development Manager is likely to have experience working in the Executive Education Open Programmes or Custom space. You will have a strong understanding of the sales funnel process, of relevant business development and marketing approaches, including how to determine and develop suitable leads. You will have experience of developing (from cold), as well as maintaining and growing, relationships with organisations including at most senior levels and with gatekeepers.
As successful Business Development Manager you will have:
- A broad understanding of the talent development or leadership development marketplace
- Proven ability to generate new business in the leadership development marketplace (such as experience working in the Executive Education Open Programmes or Custom Programmes space)
- Good knowledge of the sales, marketing and business development processes used in Executive Education
- Good communication, presentation, persuasion and influencing skills in client facing situations at a senior level
- Good team working and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with colleagues across the business
Please see the full advert for further detail relating to the role.
Interviews to be held 17th December 2021
Informal contact details
Head of Partnership Programmes
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. By reference to the applicable SOC code for this role, sponsorship may be possible under the Skilled Worker Route. Applicants should ensure that they are able to meet the points requirement under the PBS. There is further information about this on the UK Visas and Immigration Website.
The University is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce, supports the gender equality Athena SWAN Charter and the Race Equality Charter, and is a Diversity Champion for Stonewall, the leading LGBT+ rights organisation. Applications for job-share, part-time and flexible working arrangements are welcomed and will be considered in line with business needs.