International Business and Strategy unit is seeking to appoint an Associate Professor in International Business to contribute to our growing strengths in the MBA provision and reputation in the field of International Business.
Teaching duties will consist of provision of lectures, tutorials, project supervision and personal tutoring, together with the provision of the appropriate assessment and feedback focused on the MBA.
The department of International Business and Strategy is a home of the world’s premier research centre, The John H. Dunning Centre for International Business and International Human Resource Management. You will benefit from working in an environment that includes internationally renowned members of the Centre, Professor Chris Brewster, Professor Mark Casson, Professor Rajneesh Narula and Professor Alain Verbeke.
For Teaching and Research candidates, you will have:
- An established research track record with clear objectives to develop future research in the discipline of International Business or Strategy
- Experience in teaching at the Postgraduate level including MBA.
- PhD in the discipline of International Business, Strategy or related fields.
- Experience in developing funding strategies, generating income and managing external research grants.
- Experience of supervision of PhD students
For Teaching Intensive candidates, you will have:
- Evidence of superlative teaching capability.
- A track record for exemplary programme administration and management.
- A deep understanding of the International Business field.
- Ability to provide significant contribution to administration and leadership
- Synergies with the department.
Please specify in the application if you are applying for the post as Teaching and Research or Teaching Intensive candidate.
Interviews and Presentations—9th November
Informal contact details
Alternative informal contact details
Head of International Business and Strategy & Director of Research at the Henley Business School
Professor of International Business Regulation
Prof James Walker
Prof Rajneesh Narula
+44 (0) 118 378 7374
+44 (0) 118 378 5247
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. By reference to the applicable SOC code for this role, sponsorship may be possible under the Skilled Worker Route. Applicants should ensure that they are able to meet the points requirement under the PBS. There is further information about this on the UK Visas and Immigration Website.
The University is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce, supports the gender equality Athena SWAN Charter and the Race Equality Charter, and is a Diversity Champion for Stonewall, the leading LGBT+ rights organisation. Applications for job-share, part-time and flexible working arrangements are welcomed and will be considered in line with business needs.