The Admissions Team (within Global Recruitment and Admissions) is responsible for handling applications to almost all award-bearing courses at the University. The University of Reading has an ambitious vision for the future and our Global Recruitment & Admissions service has a key role in achieving this.
As a Deputy Admissions Officer (Degree Apprenticeships) you will take a supporting role in the management and operation of the Degree Apprenticeship admissions team. Working under the direction of (and acting in support of) the Admissions Officer, you will ensure procedures are implemented effectively and that team-members are trained and monitored appropriately within a defined area of responsibility (which may be subject to change in accordance with the changing needs of the business). You will also be responsible for producing and maintaining data on all aspects of the admissions process for wide internal circulation.
You will have:
- Good administrative skills
- Ability to use IT systems and software appropriate to the role with proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Confidence with data
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Willingness and ability to work effectively and accurately under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to work to guidelines and procedures
- Ability to engage with stakeholders, colleagues and applicants clearly and with confidence
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Sensitivity to the working styles of others
Intreview date: 06/07/2021
Informal contact details
Alternative informal contact details
Senior Admissions Manager
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-UK candidates who do not already have permission to work in the UK should note that by reference to the applicable SOC code for this role, sponsorship will not be possible under the Skilled Worker Route. There is further information about this on the UK Visas and Immigration Website.
The University is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce, supports the gender equality Athena SWAN Charter and the Race Equality Charter, and is a Diversity Champion for Stonewall, the leading LGBT+ rights organisation. Applications for job-share, part-time and flexible working arrangements are welcomed and will be considered in line with business needs.