Henley Business School (University of Reading) is seeking to appoint 3 Lecturers (equivalent to Assistant Professors in the US system, see note in the job description) in real estate / real estate finance to strengthen our world-leading department of Real Estate and Planning. This recruitment cycle is part of a faculty renewal process intending to add ambitious academics willing to contribute to a significant improvement in our already excellent global ranking.
These posts are aimed at active researchers with a strong publication trajectory, interested in carrying out internationally recognized research. We provide the environment for researchers to work both collaboratively and individually. With a vibrant student community successful candidates will teach on courses across undergraduate and masters programmes. We have also recently added an ExecEd offer, with opportunities to engage with business and policy makers.
As our teaching approach is normally research led, we welcome applicants with research interest in the following areas (among others):
- Valuation of real estate assets and financial products
- Corporate Finance with focus on real estate
- Commercial real estate markets and assets
- Asset Pricing with focus on real estate
- Leasing and asset management
- Household Finance / Mortgage Finance
- Development appraisal and finance
- Pricing of optionality features
The best candidates will have:
- A PhD, or be near completion of a PhD in Real Estate, Finance, Economics, or Management
- The ability to carry out and effectively communicate internationally recognized research
- The drive and skills to sustain high quality teaching
Key documents in your online application
- A Supporting Statement including:
- Why you are applying for this position and what makes you an outstanding candidate.
- How you will contribute to the Department of Real Estate and Planning and Henley Business School
- A concise research statement with your short- and long-term plans
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV), including a publication record and teaching experience.
- Separate to your online application please email one lead published article / job market paper as an example of research quality (in PDF format) to email@example.com before the closing date.
Please refer to the job description at the end of this page for further details.
Interviews to be held 14th July 2021
Informal contact details
Alternative informal contact details
Head of Real Estate & Planning
Professor of Real Estate Appraisal
Prof. Gianluca Marcato
Prof. Peter Wyatt
+44 (0) 118 378 8178
+44 (0) 118 378 6337
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. By reference to the applicable SOC code for this role, sponsorship may be possible under the Skilled Worker Route. Applicants should ensure that they are able to meet the points requirement under the PBS. There is further information about this on the UK Visas and Immigration Website.
The University is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce, supports the gender equality Athena SWAN Charter and the Race Equality Charter, and is a Diversity Champion for Stonewall, the leading LGBT+ rights organisation. Applications for job-share, part-time and flexible working arrangements are welcomed and will be considered in line with business needs.