The Contracts Officer is responsible for supporting purchasing activity in relation to contracts and procurement processes. This position will be responsible for the following:
- Providing support to the category team regarding the development, assembly and issuing of contracts.
- Independently work across all categories and contract areas to review where appropriate supplier terms and conditions on low value/risk contracts prior to acceptance.
- Supporting purchasing processes on behalf of the business stakeholders. This will include mini-competitions, call off, e-auctions, quotations and single action waivers.
- Ensure compliance of processes for engagement of sole traders and Personal Services Companies
- Supporting the category teams on all purchasing activity such as tendering.
The University would consider any requests for flexible working.
Informal contact details
Lead Category Manager
0118 378 8308
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-UK candidates who do not already have permission to work in the UK should note that by reference to the applicable SOC code for this role, sponsorship will not be possible under the Skilled Worker Route. There is further information about this on the UK Visas and Immigration Website.
The University is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce, supports the gender equality Athena SWAN Charter and the Race Equality Charter, and is a Diversity Champion for Stonewall, the leading LGBT+ rights organisation. Applications for job-share, part-time and flexible working arrangements are welcomed and will be considered in line with business needs.