The Department of Real Estate and Planning is a world-leading teaching and research institution in the field. We are seeking to appoint a lecturer in real estate appraisal to strengthen this subject area. This post is aimed at an active researcher; there are plenty of opportunities in the department, and within the Henley Business School, to initiate and carry out internationally recognised research. We provide the environment for researchers to work collaboratively as well as individually. We have a vibrant student community and the successful candidate will teach on, and lead modules, across a range of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
As our teaching approach is normally research led, we welcome applicants with research interest in areas related to real estate appraisal. Some examples of key areas of expertise and research (among others) are:
- Valuation and pricing of real estate assets
- Real estate appraisal methods and their application to practice
- Optionality in real estate investment and lease contracts
- Meaning and definition of value in relation to different uses (reporting, investment, index construction, etc.)
- Role of valuation and valuers in society
- Valuation accuracy and drivers of differences with transaction prices
You will have:
- A PhD, or be near completion of a PhD in: Real Estate, Finance, Economics, or Management areas.
- The ability to carry out internationally recognized research and high-quality teaching.
- A good understanding of pricing and valuation methods and issues.
Key documents in your online application
- A Supporting Statement including:
- Why you are applying for this position and what makes you an outstanding candidate
- How you will contribute to the Department of Real Estate and Planning and Henley Business School
- A concise research statement with your short- and long-term plans
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV), including a publication record.
- Separate to your online application please email one lead published article / job market paper as an example of research quality (in PDF format) to email@example.com before the closing date.
Please refer to the job description at the end of this page for further details.
Interviews to be held 20th May 2021
Informal contact details
Alternative informal contact details
Head of Real Estate & Planning
Professor of Real Estate Appraisal
Prof. Gianluca Marcato
Prof. Peter Wyatt
+44 (0) 118 378 8178
+44 (0) 118 378 6337
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. By reference to the applicable SOC code for this role, sponsorship may be possible under the Skilled Worker Route. Applicants should ensure that they are able to meet the points requirement under the PBS. There is further information about this on the UK Visas and Immigration Website.
The University is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce, supports the gender equality Athena SWAN Charter and the Race Equality Charter, and is a Diversity Champion for Stonewall, the leading LGBT+ rights organisation. Applications for job-share, part-time and flexible working arrangements are welcomed and will be considered in line with business needs.