A Content Editor is required to join our small Editorial and Design Services team, based at Henley Business School’s campus in Henley-on-Thames. The busy team works on a wide variety of print- and web-based materials including online courses, academic articles, and marketing and promotional materials. The successful candidate will be an excellent team player with proven editorial and design skills, and an interest in further developing their technical capability. Experience working in an academic environment will be an advantage.
You will have:
- proven copy-editing and proofreading skills
- excellent written English in terms of style, grammar and tone of voice
- experience using Microsoft Office 365, Word and Adobe InDesign, including the use of templates
- experience in creating final designed documents using Adobe InDesign
- experience in creating simple academic-level figures and graphics using Adobe InDesign or Illustrator
- an aptitude towards learning new software packages and developing technical skills
- ability to multitask and plan work to ensure tasks are completed to tight deadlines
- excellent teamworking and interpersonal skills
Interviews to be held 23rd March 2021
Informal contact details
Manager, Editorial and Design Services
Ms Kath Pilgrem
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. By reference to the applicable SOC code for this role, sponsorship may be possible under the Skilled Worker Route. Applicants should ensure that they are able to meet the points requirement under the PBS. There is further information about this on the UK Visas and Immigration Website.
The University is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce, supports the gender equality Athena SWAN Charter and the Race Equality Charter, and is a Diversity Champion for Stonewall, the leading LGBT+ rights organisation. Applications for job-share, part-time and flexible working arrangements are welcomed and will be considered in line with business needs.