This role is for 6 months Fixed Term to cover Maternity Leave
Reporting to the Finance Business Partner, the role will be part of the Finance Planning and Strategy team, providing high quality strategic financial information, forecasts and support to the University as well as supporting the Business Partners in their work. This role will predominantly support Henley Business School and Estates.
The successful candidates will need to gain a deep and thorough understanding of how the University finances operate especially at School and Service level. They will be key in providing reports and related data for the forecasting and reporting of the Group Income and Expenditure with input from the business partners. A key part of the role will be to assist in developing and presenting meaningful, relevant and timely management information and reports to the senior management teams of both Schools and Services to aid decision making.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Professionally present and deliver high level, informative Reports to Head of Departments and Function and FBP.
- Analysis & Reporting: Combine quantitative, qualitative data & statistical analysis to highlight trends
- Support the FBP and Analyst in producing the budgets and forecasting
- Ensure strong budgeting, reporting and forecasting processes are in place
- Assist Heads of Department with the budget/forecast processes meeting with them on a regular basis to facilitate this.
- Update the cost centre budgets/forecasts in COGNOS following meetings with Heads of Department and FBPs.
- Suggest ideas for performance improvement
- Provide accurate and timely financial data and analysis to inform decision making. Providing and Interpreting Financial Information, analysing trends and highlighting areas of both risk and opportunities.
- Provide quality Ad-hoc Management Information relating to School/Programme performances as requested.
- Working with the Business Partners, prepare and deliver periodic and annual management accounts to Heads of School and Functions.
- Assist with the preparation of forecast outcomes for schools and functions working with the Business Partners and School/Function colleagues (especially the Heads of School/Function) to ensure the forecasts correctly reflect the likely outcome and also are accepted by the School / Function Heads,
- As part of the management accounts preparation and forecasting, analyse all variances and ascertain the reasons for their occurrence, and as a result prepare recommendations for addressing and correcting them where viable.
- Attend School or Service meetings if required to explain reports
- Conduct detailed analysis of data, interpret results and trends, present results to the Finance Business Partner
- Support Departmental Heads in their understanding and interpretation of financial training and where appropriate carry out relevant training to ensure financial concepts are firmly grasped and understood
- Advise school and service members to enable them to produce their own financial reports, meeting with them where necessary facilitate this.
Interviews to be held 15th March 2021
Informal contact details
Alternative informal contact details
Finance Business Partner
Finance Business Partner
0118 378 6963
0118 378 6328
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. By reference to the applicable SOC code for this role, sponsorship may be possible under the Skilled Worker Route. Applicants should ensure that they are able to meet the points requirement under the PBS. There is further information about this on the UK Visas and Immigration Website.
The University is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce, supports the gender equality Athena SWAN Charter and the Race Equality Charter, and is a Diversity Champion for Stonewall, the leading LGBT+ rights organisation. Applications for job-share, part-time and flexible working arrangements are welcomed and will be considered in line with business needs.