This vacancy offers an exciting opportunity for a talented individual to join our motivated and professional leadership team. The Associate Director will provide leadership and management of the Technical Services staff within the Operations Team. The post holder will work with Schools and the other Associate Directors to ensure that technical support is of high quality, flexible and effective and meets the strategic priorities relating to teaching and research.
You will have:
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and management skills with the ability to network and build strong relationships.
- An understanding and good knowledge of the range of technical activities carried out in the University environment.
- Proven experience in the effective delivery of technical support and the deployment of resources
- Experience of initiating, developing and maintaining collaborative relationships with key internal and external partners
- Experience of working within legislative frameworks and practical application and understanding of Health and Safety regulations
Interviews to be held 5th March 2021
Informal contact details:
Karen Henderson - Director of Technical Services
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. By reference to the applicable SOC code for this role, sponsorship may be possible under the Skilled Worker Route. Applicants should ensure that they are able to meet the points requirement under the PBS. There is further information about this on the UK Visas and Immigration Website.
The University is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce, supports the gender equality Athena SWAN Charter and the Race Equality Charter, and is a Diversity Champion for Stonewall, the leading LGBT+ rights organisation. Applications for job-share, part-time and flexible working arrangements are welcomed and will be considered in line with business needs.