Henley Business School at the University of Reading, is seeking to appoint an Associate Professor in Accounting and Financial Management, who is expected to contribute to teaching in both management accounting and financial accounting and reporting at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, as well as financial management in Henley’s MBA programmes. As a senior member of staff, the postholder is also expected to take on appropriate leadership roles within the School and Department.
You will be part of a vibrant global institution that continuously seeks to improve upon everything we do and be recognised for being a truly international business school, the excellence of our learning experience, world-class research and thinking, our sense of community and responsibility, the strength of our networks, and the breadth and depth of our relationships with industry.
- Teach a range of modules in the areas of management accounting, financial accounting and reporting and financial management as agreed by the Head of Business Informatics, Systems & Accounting (BISA);
- Engage in scholarship to keep up-to-date with latest developments and thinking in accounting, leading to innovation in teaching and learning;
- Take on administrative duties as well as academic leadership and citizenship activities appropriate for his/her expertise and experience.
You will have:
- PhD/DBA in Accounting or related discipline OR a globally recognised professional accounting qualification;
- demonstrable ability in excellent Teaching & Learning practice, impacting on student experience/outcomes;
- Specialist knowledge of theories and contemporary practice in the field of accounting and financial management to be able to provide teaching and curriculum design;
- knowledge of business practice and corporations in relation to financial management;
- teaching experience at an HE institution.
The post is expected to be designated as teaching-intensive. The appointee is expected to be based at Henley Business School’s Whiteknights Campus in Reading.
Interviews to be held 17th March 2021
Informal contact details
Alternative informal contact details
Head of Business Informatics, Systems and Accounting
Programme Area Director
Prof. Keiichi Nakata
+44 (0) 118 378 4423
+44 (0) 118 378 6694
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. By reference to the applicable SOC code for this role, sponsorship may be possible under the Skilled Worker Route. Applicants should ensure that they are able to meet the points requirement under the PBS. There is further information about this on the UK Visas and Immigration Website.
The University is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce, supports the gender equality Athena SWAN Charter and the Race Equality Charter, and is a Diversity Champion for Stonewall, the leading LGBT+ rights organisation. Applications for job-share, part-time and flexible working arrangements are welcomed and will be considered in line with business needs.