We are seeking to recruit a highly motivated Full time Cleaning Supervisor to join our Cleaning Services Team to deliver high quality cleaning services to the University. The post will be primarily based at our London Road campus although the post holder will be expected to work at the main Whiteknights site as required.
As part of Campus Services, the Cleaning Services team play a significant part in providing service excellence to the University community, its visitors and guests: ensuring our campuses function and are fit for purpose to support the day to day University business. The team work closely with other Campus Services Teams: Building Support, Portering and Security to ensure continuity of service.
Knowledge of modern cleaning techniques and schedules and the ability to supervise a small team of cleaning staff is essential. Previous experience of working in the cleaning industry and a full clean UK driving is also essential as the role holder will be expected to drive Campus Services vehicles as part of their work.
36 hours per week – working pattern 0530 – 10.30 then 11.45 – 14.00
You will have:
- Appropriate experience of the cleaning industry and proven supervisory skills
- Understanding of Health and Safety issues applied to the cleaning industry with an ability to demonstrate an understanding of the principles of COSHH
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- IT literate with knowledge and experience of using MS Office and prepared to use technology as part of the role.
- A current full clean United Kingdom Driving licence and be prepared to drive Campus Services Vehicles as part of your role.
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment
- A willingness to work flexibly on a number of different tasks and be able to use initiative and prioritise work
- Experience of working within a team/team player
- Excellent command of English
- A good level of literacy and numeracy
- Be confident, friendly, and polite.
- A good level of general health
- Willing and able to work overtime when required.
1st February 2021
Informal contact details
Cleaning Services Manager - Michelle Baker (email@example.com)
Assistant Cleaning Services Manager - Tracy Allen (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The University is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce, supports the gender equality Athena SWAN Charter and the Race Equality Charter, and is a Diversity Champion for Stonewall, the leading LGBT+ rights organisation. Applications for job-share, part-time and flexible working arrangements are welcomed and will be considered in line with business needs.