The Category Manager role is to lead the procurement of the category of Professional Services spend across the University. Category Managers are management roles that exist to help the University of Reading deliver:
- Measurable efficiencies in a challenging economic climate.
- A professional service and the development of the procurement community.
- Developing strategic partnerships, establishing and maintaining strong working relationships with relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Flexible and creative support to transform operations.
- High standards of corporate governance.
You will have:
- Expert authority in public sector procurement and the economics of procurement
- Understanding of the Category and its supplier base
- Previous procurement experience
- Previous experience of stakeholder management inc. developing category strategies and tender documents to achieve best value
- Previous experience of managing business critical contracts and contract management
The University would consider any requests for flexible working.
Interviews to be held 11th February 2021.
Informal contact details
Alternative informal contact details
Director of Procurement
0118 378 8304
The University is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce, supports the gender equality Athena SWAN Charter and the Race Equality Charter, and is a Diversity Champion for Stonewall, the leading LGBT+ rights organisation. Applications for job-share, part-time and flexible working arrangements are welcomed and will be considered in line with business needs.