We are looking for a number of committed teachers with experience of teaching EAP to join our team for the summer Pre-sessional Programme to teach both online and face- to-face. Single accommodation in a University hall of residence is available, subsidised by ISLI.
We offer a competitive teacher package:
- Subsidised accommodation in University halls of residence
- A fully paid four-day induction
- A comprehensive EAP syllabus with all teaching and assessment materials provided
- An experienced and supportive team of colleagues and Course Directors
- Pro rata holiday pay entitlement
The international Study and Language Institute (ISLI) at the University of Reading has a longstanding reputation for expertise in language teaching and assessment. The Pre-sessional Programme runs year-round and welcomes around 700 students each year.
Further details of the programme are available at: https://www.reading.ac.uk/ISLI/study-in-the-uk/isli-pre-sessional-english.aspx
The dates below are inclusive of the teacher induction.
Please specify on your application form which period(s) you are available. You must be available for the whole of that period.
PSE 4: Wednesday 16 June – Friday 3 September 2021, inclusive
PSE 5: Wednesday 30 June - Friday 3 September 2021, inclusive
PSE 6: Wednesday 21 July - Friday 3 September 2021, inclusive
£34,804 per annum pro rata
Weekly rate £667.47 + 12.07% holiday pay
Daily rate £133.49 + 12.07% holiday pay
Teachers on PSE 4 and PSE 5 will be paid in three instalments at the end of July, August and September. Teachers on PSE 6 will be paid in two instalments at the end of August and September.
Main duties and responsibilites
- To teach English for Academic Purposes to Pre-sessional Programme students online and face-to-face in accordance with the course syllabus and materials, and as advised by the Programme Director and Course Directors.
- To assist in the administration and marking of continuous assessment and exit tests.
- To mark coursework and provide feedback to students.
- To set and mark homework as per course guidelines.
- To keep accurate records of students' attendance, progress and performance.
- To keep a daily record of the content of face-to-face classes.
- To attend the teacher induction before the start of the course
- To attend staff meetings as required by the Programme Director or Course Director(s).
- To attend and contribute to standardisation, training and professional development sessions during the programme.
- To assist, as and when required, in the evaluation of the programme and the teaching materials.
- To participate in welcome events for students.
- To dress and behave in a professional manner (as advised by your Course Director) when teaching both online and face-to-face.
Interviews will take place each month until all vacancies have been filled.
Informal contact details
Pre-sessional Programme Director (Summer)
+44 (0) 118 378 4010
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-UK candidates who do not already have permission to work in the UK should note that by reference to the applicable SOC code for this role, sponsorship will not be possible under the Skilled Worker Route. There is further information about this on the UK Visas and Immigration Website.