The Deputy Category Manager is responsible for supporting procurement activity, analysis of cost data, savings opportunities and investigating market information in support of the procurement Category Management team. This position will be responsible for the following:
- Providing support to the Estates & Facilities Category Managers regarding market intelligence, financial analysis, management information and risk.
- Supporting purchasing activity on behalf of the business stakeholders. This will include tendering, completing post competition analysis, assisting in selection and contract negotiation.
- Independently working across multiple Procurement Specialist teams to provide support to the Category Managers including assisting in developing Category strategies with the use of market intelligence, spend data, risk and management information.
- Analyse demand, market intelligence, spend data, risk and management information and prepare reports in support of the University of Reading procurement strategy development.
- When required deputise for the Estates & Facilities Category Managers
You will have:
- Skilled in the application of various procurement approaches
- Understanding of the Category and its supplier base
- Previous purchasing experience
- Previous experience of stakeholder management inc. developing tender documents to achieve best value
- Previous experience of developing financial analysis related to procurement
Interviews to be held 10th February 2021
The University would consider any requests for flexible working.
Informal contact details
Alternative informal contact details
Lead Category Manager
0118 378 8308
The University is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce, supports the gender equality Athena SWAN Charter and the Race Equality Charter, and is a Diversity Champion for Stonewall, the leading LGBT+ rights organisation. Applications for job-share, part-time and flexible working arrangements are welcomed and will be considered in line with business needs.