We are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Contracts Manager, to join our Research Contracts team, within the wider Research Services department. Research Services support academics to enhance research funding, enable work with businesses, and facilitate knowledge exchange and impact generating activity across the University.
We are looking for an individual who has a drive to make a difference and provide an excellent service to our academic colleagues, with previous experience of contracts negotiation and drafting, ideally in a higher education or research setting. The successful applicant will also have an opportunity and be encouraged to contribute to the development of processes and best practice.
In this role, you will proactively manage a busy and varied portfolio of contracts and relationships to deliver the University of Reading’s research and innovation activities. The role involves contract drafting, negotiation, review and authorisation as part of our service to support researchers and enable research, innovation and impact generating activity across the University.
This provides an exciting opportunity for you to contribute to the success of the University.
This is a permanent post, available from 25th January 2021.
Please see the further particulars document attached for more information about the team, the posts and working at the University of Reading.
Interviews for this post will be held week commencing 11th January 2021.
You will have:
- An undergraduate degree (or equivalent experience or qualifications), and a demonstrable knowledge of contract and IP law.
- Demonstrable contracts drafting and negotiation experience.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of contract and intellectual property issues as they apply to higher education and funded research.
- The ability to think clearly and critically to make robust decisions and recommendations and to carry these through effectively.
- An ability to work under pressure and simultaneously progress multiple projects towards deadlines.
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively with external parties, academic colleagues, and management at all levels.
- A service and solution-oriented approach
Informal contact details
Alternative informal contact details
Senior Contracts Manager
Head of Research Services
Anne-Marie van Dodeweerd
0118 378 6160
0118 378 6756
The University is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce, supports the gender equality Athena SWAN Charter and the Race Equality Charter, and is a Diversity Champion for Stonewall, the leading LGBT+ rights organisation. Applications for job-share, part-time and flexible working arrangements are welcomed and will be considered in line with business needs.