This role is an exciting opportunity to be part of a team at the forefront of delivering high quality, student focussed and comprehensive administrative support throughout the student lifecycle, right from enrolment through to receiving their final results.
Our Programme Administrators play a key role in the smooth and seamless delivery of best practice administrative support, which includes close contact with students and staff alike to provide assistance in a wide variety of situations, from assessment and records management, committee servicing to teaching support such as coordinating field trips.
The job description of the role gives the full range of activities you may be involved with, in support of your allocated programme(s). Previous experience in Higher Education administration is not required, as full training on systems and processes will be given and support from line managers, peers and academic staff will be available to ensure that you are able to learn your new role quickly.
You will have:
- Previous experience in an administrative role.
- Ability to contribute to setting up and maintaining effective systems and procedures.
- Good organisational and IT skills including some experience of working with databases to maintain and retrieve data.
- A strong focus on attention to detail and maintaining accuracy.
- A strong commitment to the provision of an excellent customer service with the ability to proactively suggest improvements.
- The ability to develop and sustain collaborative and effective working relationships with a range of colleagues and be passionate about delivering excellent customer service to them.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills, with the ability to show empathy and sensitivity when required.
Please ensure you write a full and informative cover statement within the additional information section. Give evidence of your experiences relating to the job description and personal specification and give details of why you are interested in this role.
Closing date: 10/12/2020
Test date: 15/12/2020
Interview date: 17/12/2020
Informal contact details
Alternative informal contact details
Senior Programme Administrator
0118 378 7898
0118 378 8363
The University is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce, supports the gender equality Athena SWAN Charter and the Race Equality Charter, and is a Diversity Champion for Stonewall, the leading LGBT+ rights organisation. Applications for job-share, part-time and flexible working arrangements are welcomed and will be considered in line with business needs.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates who do not already have permission to work in the UK should note that this role is not recognised as a graduate level job by UK Visas and Immigrationand the Tier 2 sponsorship route is not available for non-graduate level occupations. There is further information about this on the UK Visas and Immigration Website.