The School of Chemistry, Food & Pharmacy seeks a highly motivated and professional Administrator to join its School Executive Support Team.
The successful applicant will be expected to provide an excellent level of administrative services for the School overall with an area of responsibility to support the Department of Chemistry. The post holder will be expected to manage their workload effectively and work with limited day to day supervision although training and development opportunities will be provided.
You will have:
- Education to at least A level standard or equivalent qualifications and/or experience
- Excellent IT skills with a range of IT packages and systems
- Familiarity with online processes, web based systems and standard office systems/procedures
- Experience of minute taking/note-taking
- Experience of project administration support
- Experience of event organisation support
- Some experience of working independently
- Ability to balance competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain administrative and financial records i.e. staff expense forms
- Ability to learn the University finance system (instruction given and training organised) to approve Goods Receipted Notes and Invoices for the School
- Ability to work collaboratively with others to achieve team goals
Interview date: TBC
Informal contact details
Alternative informal contact details
Head of Chemistry
Executive Administrative Manager (Head of School office)
Dr John McKendrick
0118 378 8246
0118 378 8703
The University is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce, supports the gender equality Athena SWAN Charter and the Race Equality Charter, and is a Diversity Champion for Stonewall, the leading LGBT+ rights organisation. Applications for job-share, part-time and flexible working arrangements are welcomed and will be considered in line with business needs.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates who do not already have permission to work in the UK should note that this role is not recognised as a graduate level job by UK Visas and Immigrationand the Tier 2 sponsorship route is not available for non-graduate level occupations. There is further information about this on the UK Visas and Immigration Website.