The Information Management and Policy Services (IMPS) office, based within Academic and Governance Services, is seeking an experienced and knowledgeable individual to join our busy and exciting Information Compliance team.
The IMPS office plays a key role in ensuring the University meets its obligations under data protection and freedom of information laws. Working closely with many departments across the whole University, this is a varied, challenging and rewarding role ideally suited to an information compliance professional looking to apply their skills within a Higher Education setting.
The post will involve the administration, handling and responding to requests made under data protection rights, freedom of information law and from external agencies. The post holder will also be required to respond to information security incidents, provide advice and guidance on data protection to staff and students across the University and assist the University Data Protection Officer with Data Protection Impact Assessments, training, policy updates and briefings as required.
You will have:
• A professional qualification in information compliance e.g. BCS/ISEB practitioner in Data Protection or equivalent
• Practical experience of handling and responding to requests made under data protection and freedom of information laws
• A sound understanding of data protection and freedom of information laws and the ability to interpret and apply this to a wide range of scenarios
• The ability to communicate complex legislative requirements in a clear, pragmatic, and accessible way
• Exceptional organisational and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to manage multiple tasks with competing demands with a high degree of discretion and confidentiality
If you would like to discuss the post further, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Closing date: 02/12/2020
Interview date: 11/12/2020 and 14/12/2020 (please note interviews will be held remotely)
Informal contact details
Alternative informal contact details
Data Protection Officer
Head of Governance
0118 378 4905
0118 378 6180
The University is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce, supports the gender equality Athena SWAN Charter and the Race Equality Charter, and is a Diversity Champion for Stonewall, the leading LGBT+ rights organisation. Applications for job-share, part-time and flexible working arrangements are welcomed and will be considered in line with business needs.