We are seeking to recruit 40 highly motivated Cleaning Operative to join our Cleaning Services Team to deliver high quality cleaning services to the University.
As part of Campus Services, the Cleaning Services team play a significant part in providing service excellence to the University community, its visitors and guests: ensuring our campuses function and are fit for purpose to support the day to day University business. The team work closely with other Campus Services Teams: Building Support, Portering and Security to ensure continuity of service.
Knowledge of modern cleaning techniques and schedules and the ability to work as part of a small team is essential. Previous experience of working in the cleaning industry is essential although full training will be given.
The post is part time with an early morning starts, 05.30 – 08.30, 15 hours per week
You will have:
- Appropriate experience working within cleaning industry
- Understanding of Health and Safety issues applied to the cleaning industry with an ability to demonstrate an understanding of the principles of COSHH
- Good communication skills.
- IT literate.
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment
- A willingness to work flexibly on a number of different tasks and be able to use initiative and prioritise work
- Experience of working within a team/team player
- Good command of English
- A good level of literacy and numeracy
- Be confident, friendly, and polite.
- A good level of general health
- Willing and able to work overtime when required.
Interview date 2nd November 2020
Informal contact details
Alternative informal contact details
Cleaning Services Assistant Manager
0118 378 8415
0118 378 8415
The University is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce, supports the gender equality Athena SWAN Charter and the Race Equality Charter, and is a Diversity Champion for Stonewall, the leading LGBT+ rights organisation. Applications for job-share, part-time and flexible working arrangements are welcomed and will be considered in line with business needs.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates who do not already have permission to work in the UK should note that this role is not recognised as a graduate level job by UK Visas and Immigrationand the Tier 2 sponsorship route is not available for non-graduate level occupations. There is further information about this on the UK Visas and Immigration Website.