An exciting opportunity to work in the Institute of Education, University of Reading.
The Institute of Education is a centre of teaching excellence, underpinned by a flourishing research base and a strong commitment to teacher education. We are seeking to build on these strengths and are therefore pleased to invite applications for the post of Lecturer in Primary Education.
The successful candidate will lead, teach, develop and contribute to the Primary Initial Teacher Training programmes (QTS).
- To lead and contribute to the teaching across primary programmes
- To be school tutor for Primary Initial Teacher Training trainees in school and to carry out moderation visits
- To contribute to the recruitment of students for primary ITT programmes
- To be an academic tutor for a range of students
- To contribute to the planning for external accreditation processes including liaising with external examiners and agencies (Ofsted)
- Other appropriate activities as may be agreed with the Head of the Institute.
You will have:
- Degree in relevant field and Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Recent and relevant experience teaching in schools relevant to the role
- Familiarity with HE procedures for ITE
Interview date: 4th December 2020
The University is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce, supports the gender equality Athena SWAN Charter and the Race Equality Charter, and is a Diversity Champion for Stonewall, the leading LGBT+ rights organisation. Applications for job-share, part-time and flexible working arrangements are welcomed and will be considered in line with business needs.