We are looking for a flexible, committed individual to join the University Outdoor Cleaning Team.
We are seeking applicants who have a confident manner, good customer service skills and a very good practical understanding of the principles of waste collecting, recycling and outside cleaning.
You will be willing to work outside in all weather conditions, working across our Campuses. A valid driving licence is essential as there is a requirement to drive Campus Services Vehicles as part of the role.
Previous experience in a similar role is welcomed but full training will be provided.
It is a requirement to wear Cleaning uniform which will be provided.
The team works as part of Cleaning Services and with other Campus Services Teams: Building Support, Portering and Security to ensure continuity of service.
You will have:
• Experience of working outside collecting waste and ensuring its correct disposal.
• Experience of outdoor cleaning equipment: blowers, sweepers etc.
• A current full clean United Kingdom Driving licence and be prepared to drive Campus Services Vehicles as part of your role.
• Experience of working in a customer focused environment
• A willingness to work flexibly on a number of different tasks and be able to use initiative and prioritise work
• Experience of working within a team/team player but happy to work alone if required.
• Excellent command of English
• A good level of literacy and numeracy
• Be confident, friendly, and polite.
• A good level of general health and fitness
• Willing and able to work overtime when required.
Interview date: 2nd October 2020
Informal contact details
Alternative informal contact details
Cleaning Services Manager
Assistant Cleaning Services Manager
0118 378 8415
0118 378 8415
The University is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce, supports the gender equality Athena SWAN Charter and the Race Equality Charter, and is a Diversity Champion for Stonewall, the leading LGBT+ rights organisation. Applications for job-share, part-time and flexible working arrangements are welcomed and will be considered in line with business needs.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates who do not already have permission to work in the UK should note that this role is not recognised as a graduate level job by UK Visas and Immigration and the Tier 2 sponsorship route is not available for non-graduate level occupations. There is further information about this on the UK Visas and Immigration Website.