We are seeking a motivated and passionate colleague with expertise in pharmacology and therapeutics to join our team and contribute to teaching on our MPharm and Pharmacology programmes.
The appointed candidate for this fixed term, teaching focussed post will be motivated to provide high quality and innovative teaching within the broad remit of pharmacology and therapeutics, supporting the delivery of undergraduate teaching in the School of Pharmacy. Whilst there is some flexibility in the subjects taught, this post will contribute to the delivery of the teaching of core biological and pharmacological concepts, microbiology and cardiovascular therapeutics on our BSc Pharmacology and Master of Pharmacy programmes. This role will also involve the support of students as an academic tutor and the supervision of undergraduate student projects. The successful candidate will be required to contribute to the development of innovative teaching initiatives and assume appropriate administrative roles.
Ideally, you will have:
• Experience of teaching at undergraduate and/or postgraduate level
• A track record or commitment to developing innovative teaching activities
• The ability to use and develop IT resources to support student learning
• Evidence of engagement with relevant professional organisations and/or activities at national / international level
• Experience of, or a commitment to, supporting administrative roles within the department
• A PhD in an aspect of Pharmacology, Health Sciences, Biomedical Sciences or a related field
Informal contact details
Alternative informal contact details
Programme Director of BSc Pharmacology
Prof. Gary Stephens
Dr Sakthivel Vaiyapuri
0118 378 6156
0118 378 8015
The University is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce, supports the gender equality Athena SWAN Charter and the Race Equality Charter, and is a Diversity Champion for Stonewall, the leading LGBT+ rights organisation. Applications for job-share, part-time and flexible working arrangements are welcomed and will be considered in line with business needs.