The Estates Grounds Maintenance team maintain the grounds for the University of Reading and a number of clients. The team maintain 3 campuses and numerous satellite sites ensuring the agreed SLA’s are met in an efficient and timely manner. We require motivated, reliable gardeners who can work in the busy campus environment to a high standard. You will not be considered for this role without a full UK driving licence. Previous applicants need not apply.
- Be self-motivated, giving reliable service at a consistently high level
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Undertake lifting and manual tasks
- Drive work vans and other self-propelled equipment
- Work outside all year in a range of environments
You will have:
- A willingness to participate and succeed in any training deemed appropriate to the role
- A valid UK driving licence enabling you to drive cars and light vans as a minimum
- GCSE grade A-C (or equivalent) in English language
- Good verbal communication skills
- Experience in carrying out a wide range of grounds maintenance tasks
- Experience in the safe use of common grounds maintenance tools and machines
- Knowledge and awareness of health and safety practices and expectations
- Previous experience of working in grounds maintenance teams ideally in a similar organisation
Interview date 6th April 2020
Informal contact details
Alternative informal contact details
Head of Grounds Maintenance
Deputy Head of Grounds Maintenance
0784 3344513 (Office hours only and no voice mail please)
0784 3344509 (Office hours only and no voice mail please)
The University is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce, supports the gender equality Athena SWAN Charter and the Race Equality Charter, and is a Diversity Champion for Stonewall, the leading LGBT+ rights organisation. Applications for job-share, part-time and flexible working arrangements are welcomed and will be considered in line with business needs.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates who do not already have permission to work in the UK should note that this role is not recognised as a graduate level job by UK Visas and Immigration and the Tier 2 sponsorship route is not available for non-graduate level occupations. There is further information about this on the UK Visas and Immigration Website.