The School of Psychology & Clinical Language Sciences at the University of Reading is seeking to appoint an experienced individual to lead the training delivered by Charlie Waller Institute for Evidence-Based Psychological Treatment (CWI). The Director of Training will oversee the delivery of the Institute’s esteemed portfolio of training programmes for clinicians. The successful candidate will be experienced in the management of clinical programmes and in the evaluation of training effectiveness.
We welcome applications from individuals able to demonstrate the high standards of leadership required by this role. Applicants will have experience of managing and enhancing the quality of IAPT training courses and will actively contribute to the highly collaborative and collegiate working environment at Reading.
You will have:
- UG and PG training in psychology, medicine or a related field
- Accreditation by BABPC or Professional (HCPC) registration as a psychologist
- Advanced knowledge of evidence-based psychological treatments such as CBT
- Experience of delivering, managing and quality assurance of IAPT (Adult/CYP/PWP) training programmes in an HE context
- Understanding and experience of NHS/HEE commissioning processes, professional development and professional accreditation, and clinical governance
- Excellent leadership, management and organisational skills
Interview date: ???????TBC
Informal contact details
Alternative informal contact details
Head of School
Head of School
Prof Carmel Houston-Price
Dr Graham Schafer
+44 (0) 118 378 6795
+44 (0) 118 378 7550
The University is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce, supports the gender equality Athena SWAN Charter and the Race Equality Charter, and is a Diversity Champion for Stonewall, the leading LGBT+ rights organisation. Applications for job-share, part-time and flexible working arrangements are welcomed and will be considered in line with business needs.