This is an excellent opportunity to take responsibility for rearing both replacement heifers and beef calves from the 550 cow dairy herd at The Centre for Dairy Research, The University of Reading.
You will have:
- A high level of stockmanship
- A deep knowledge of modern calf welfare, husbandry practices
- Plenty of experience rearing calves
- The enthusiasm and ability to work as part of a team
We can offer:
- A friendly, supportive working environment
- Very good working conditions with competitive salary and pension
- 3 bedroomed cottage close to the farm
Informal contact details
01189761722 or 01183782972
Interview date: 21/06/2023
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. By reference to the applicable SOC code for this role, sponsorship may be possible under the Skilled Worker Route. Applicants should ensure that they are able to meet the points requirement under the PBS. There is further information about this on the UK Visas and Immigration Website.
The University is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce, supports the gender equality Athena SWAN Charter and the Race Equality Charter, and champions LGBT+ equality.