We seek a highly motivated post-doctoral researcher to join the Environmental Science Research Division to work on the UKRI/Horizon Europe project LEGUMINOSE (Legume-cereal intercropping for sustainable agriculture across Europe).
The role will involve the management of a new field trial at the University of Reading farm to mechanistically investigate the benefits of cereal-legume intercrops and quantify nitrogen losses. It will also require you to co-ordinate 20 on-farm field trials across the UK, with support from the UK Soil Association and the project coordinators at the University of Florence.
You will have:
- A PhD in Agriculture, Soil Science, Crop Science, Environmental Science, or other relevant discipline
- Experience making measurements in the field and analysing soil or plant samples in the laboratory
- Excellent understanding of carbon and nitrogen cycling in agroecosystems
- Strong skills in quantitative analysis of environmental data
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent team working skills
- UK driving license, or commitment to obtain one during probationary period
Interviews will be held on 5 May 2023
Informal contact details
Alternative informal contact details
+44 (0) 118 378 8913
+44 (0) 118 378 6676
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. By reference to the applicable SOC code for this role, sponsorship may be possible under the Skilled Worker Route. Applicants should ensure that they are able to meet the points requirement under the PBS. There is further information about this on the UK Visas and Immigration Website.
The University is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce, supports the gender equality Athena SWAN Charter and the Race Equality Charter, and champions LGBT+ equality. Applications for job-share, part-time and flexible working arrangements are welcomed and will be considered in line with business needs.