We are seeking to appoint an experienced administrator to provide efficient and effective administration for the department of Leadership, Organisations and Behaviour, primarily based at our Greenland’s campus, Henley-on-Thames. To provide a central point of contact for academics, delivering an excellent, high quality service to external and internal stakeholders in the activities of LOB. To support the Department Manager in the day-to-day administration and operational support of the Department. The ability to work on their own initiative with minimum supervision as much of the time this role is autonomous. This role is a full time role, but part time or job share would be considered.
You will have:
- Essential - previous administration/secretarial/PA experience
- Experience of diary management, meeting organisation and minute taking
- Good written and verbal communication skills including an excellent telephone manner
- Good planning and organisational skills to ensure tasks are completed to deadlines. together with the ability to prioritise and schedule multiple tasks
- Excellent PC skills, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, together with the ability and experience to extract information via the internet to assist in research
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport and create and sustain effective working relationships both internally and externally
- Self-motivated with the initiative to make progress without close supervision
- Able to maintain effectiveness under pressure
- Flexible and resilient approach
- Experience of working in Higher Education - preferable
- Crucial that you have the ability to travel to Henley on Thames, and on occasion our Reading campus, own transport would be preferable
- Proof that you have the right to work in the UK
Interview Date: 08/02/2023
Informal contact details
Mrs Janice Goodwin
Click here to enter text.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-UK candidates who do not already have permission to work in the UK should note that by reference to the applicable SOC code for this role, sponsorship will not be possible under the Skilled Worker Route. There is further information about this on the UK Visas and Immigration Website.
The University is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce, supports the gender equality Athena SWAN Charter and the Race Equality Charter, and is a Diversity Champion for Stonewall, the leading LGBT+ rights organisation. Applications for job-share, part-time and flexible working arrangements are welcomed and will be considered in line with business needs.