This is an exciting opportunity to join a great team, a strong and highly regarded Function and have some fun!
The Procurement Service plays an important role in supporting colleagues in procuring a diverse range of goods, services and works which are critical to the effective operation of the University.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced procurement professional to work with colleagues from all corners of the organisation in ensuring our high-quality procurement arrangements reflect the needs and ambitions of the University strategy. As a member of the team, you will need a high level of commercial acumen, experience of delivering an end-to-end procurement process, with the ability to build strong, productive relationships with diverse stakeholder groups – including academic and research staff, heads of services functions, key external suppliers and partners. See the individual Job Description / Person Specification for full details
The University offers many excellent benefits, including 26 days annual leave (plus bank holidays and closure days), local pension scheme, blended working (meaning you will be able to work from home for some of your time), a cycle to work scheme and other travel initiatives, annual increments up the pay scale, and more. It is an exciting and vibrant place to work, with many different challenges.
The Contracts Officer is responsible for supporting purchasing activity in relation to contracts and procurement processes. This position will be responsible for the following:
- Providing support to the category team regarding the development, assembly and issuing of contracts.
- Independently work across all categories and contract areas to review where appropriate supplier terms and conditions on low value/risk contracts prior to acceptance.
- Supporting purchasing processes on behalf of the business stakeholders. This will include mini-competitions, call off, e-auctions, quotations and single action waivers.
- Ensure compliance of processes for engagement of sole traders and Personal Services Companies
- Supporting the category teams on all purchasing activity such as tendering.
- Play a key role in the management of contract and supplier information on our Contract Management System.Assemble construction contract documents using electronic software.
- Assist with tasks in the management of the eMarketplace.
Interview Date: 10/11/22
Informal contact details
Alternative informal contact details
Procurement Business Manager
Lead Category Manager
0118 378 8305
Please note that recent changes in Google Chrome (version 101) and Microsoft Edge (version 101) mean that some users are currently unable to view downloaded PDF documents in those browsers. You can view the downloaded file using Adobe Acrobat Reader. If this remains a problem for you, then please contact email@example.com to request a copy of the Job Description & Person Specification.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-UK candidates who do not already have permission to work in the UK should note that by reference to the applicable SOC code for this role, sponsorship will not be possible under the Skilled Worker Route. There is further information about this on the UK Visas and Immigration Website.
The University is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce, supports the gender equality Athena SWAN Charter and the Race Equality Charter, and is a Diversity Champion for Stonewall, the leading LGBT+ rights organisation. Applications for job-share, part-time and flexible working arrangements are welcomed and will be considered in line with business needs.