Internal Audit Services is placed in Academic and Governance Services, which is led by the Chief Strategy Officer and University Secretary for day-to-day reporting purposes.
We are seeking an experienced internal auditor to perform a wide range of risk-based internal audits across the University’s operations.
You will have:
- A CCAB, CMIIA or equivalent relevant professional qualification;
- Significant experience in risk-based internal auditing
- The capability to scope and plan complex audits, conduct audit interviews within prescribed timescales, and produce high quality reports and supporting working papers;
- The ability to assist with and perform investigation assignments as and when required;
- The ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team;
- Proficiency in word processing and spreadsheets.
Experience of the higher education sector, investigations work and data analytics tools (eg IDEA) would be an advantage, although this is not essential. There may be the opportunity for occasional travel to the University’s international operations in Malaysia and South Africa.
Informal contact details
Alternative informal contact details
Director of Internal Audit Services
0118 378 8303
0118 378 7313
Interview Date: TBC
Please note that recent changes in Google Chrome (version 101) and Microsoft Edge (version 101) mean that some users are currently unable to view downloaded PDF documents in those browsers. You can view the downloaded file using Adobe Acrobat Reader. If this remains a problem for you, then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy of the Job Description & Person Specification.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. By reference to the applicable SOC code for this role, sponsorship may be possible under the Skilled Worker Route. Applicants should ensure that they are able to meet the points requirement under the PBS. There is further information about this on the UK Visas and Immigration Website.
The University is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce, supports the gender equality Athena SWAN Charter and the Race Equality Charter, and is a Diversity Champion for Stonewall, the leading LGBT+ rights organisation. Applications for job-share, part-time and flexible working arrangements are welcomed and will be considered in line with business needs.