We are seeking to recruit a highly motivated Cleaning Operatives to join our Cleaning Services Team to deliver high quality cleaning services to the University.
As part of Campus Services, the Cleaning Services team play a significant part in providing service excellence to the University community, its visitors and guests: ensuring our campuses function and are fit for purpose to support the day to day University business. The team work closely with other Campus Services Teams: Building Support, Portering and Security to ensure continuity of service.
Knowledge of modern cleaning techniques and schedules and the ability to work as part of a small team is essential. Previous experience of working in the cleaning industry is essential although full training will be given.
All the posts are part time with early morning start.
You will have:
- Appropriate experience working within cleaning industry
- Understanding of Health and Safety issues applied to the cleaning industry with an ability to demonstrate an understanding of the principles of COSHH
- Good communication skills.
- IT literate.
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment
- A willingness to work flexibly on a number of different tasks and be able to use initiative and prioritise work
- Experience of working within a team/team player
- Good command of English
- A good level of literacy and numeracy
- Be confident, friendly, and polite.
- A good level of general health
- Willing and able to work overtime when required.
Interview Date: 06/10/22
Informal contact details
Alternative informal contact details
Cleaning Services Manager
0118 378 8415
0118 378 8415
Please note that recent changes in Google Chrome (version 101) and Microsoft Edge (version 101) mean that some users are currently unable to view downloaded PDF documents in those browsers. You can view the downloaded file using Adobe Acrobat Reader. If this remains a problem for you, then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy of the Job Description & Person Specification.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-UK candidates who do not already have permission to work in the UK should note that by reference to the applicable SOC code for this role, sponsorship will not be possible under the Skilled Worker Route. There is further information about this on the UK Visas and Immigration Website.
The University is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce, supports the gender equality Athena SWAN Charter and the Race Equality Charter, and is a Diversity Champion for Stonewall, the leading LGBT+ rights organisation. Applications for job-share, part-time and flexible working arrangements are welcomed and will be considered in line with business needs.