Henley Business School is a leading provider of Degree Apprenticeships and the #1 provider of the Senior Leader Apprenticeship L7. Having won last year, another Henley apprentice is through to the final for the CMI Outstanding Apprentice of the Year Award for the third year running!
Henley is one of the oldest and most respected business schools in Europe and has an international network of offices. We are one of an elite group of business schools to be triple-accredited by EQUIS, AMBA and AACSB for the quality and capability of our academic staff and output.
For the 22/23 academic year Henley is growing its portfolio of apprenticeship programmes with two new programmes launching. The Rising Star pre-experience Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship L6 and the Improvement Leader Apprenticeship L6 will be joining our successful portfolio from Jan 2023.
Exciting time to join!
With our continuing growth, expanding apprenticeship portfolio and ever growing client list now is the perfect time to join Henley.
We are appointing motivated, creative and experienced professionals who are keen to make a significant impact on our apprentices and their employers. You will join a team that shapes a new approach to post-experience education, building on Henley’s reputation and international reach.
What you will be doing!
We are seeking to appoint 3 Apprenticeship Tutors to join our existing team who will:
- Be a key point of contact for both the employer and the apprentice, and maintain and develop positive relationships with employers and encourage and facilitate further partnership with the University where appropriate.
- Monitor the apprentice’s progress at work, identifying skills gaps and facilitating development opportunities.
- Conduct regular reviews with apprentices and their line managers both in person, in the workplace and on-line or by telephone, building productive relationships with both apprentice and employer and identifying any emerging issues at an early stage, providing support where required.
- Provide pastoral support to maximise each apprentices engagement with their apprenticeship programme.
- Deliver Henley’s apprenticeship programmes and services in a manner that is compliant with the requirements of the end-point-assessment organisation, Ofsted, Education & Skills Funding Agency and University of Reading/Henley Business School.
What will you bring to the role?
You will have:
- Experience in management & leadership roles within the public or private sector
- Experience of supporting others in their development and/or providing pastoral care
- Experience in developing and managing multi-stakeholder relationships
- Some knowledge or experience of safeguarding, prevent duty and British values
You may have:
- A Level 6 qualification in Management & leadership
- Teaching, training, assessing, coaching qualifications or relevant industry experience
- UK Apprenticeship or other work-based, vocational learning programme experience
If you do not meet all the criteria do not worry. Above all else we are looking for professionals with the personality to engage our apprentices and their employers, a passion for developing others and a desire to develop yourself.
What will you get in return?
Negotiable salary, based on experience and skills, within the band £31,406 – £40,927.
26 days holiday entitlement plus bank holidays and university closure days.
Full induction, professional development & career advancement opportunities.
Affiliate membership to Chartered Manager Institute.
Membership (post probation) to the Henley Coaching Centre.
Access to Henley Hives (engagement and social activities)
The University will give due consideration to any reasonable request for flexibility or part time working arrangements for this role.
Interview Date: 08/09/2022
Informal contact details
Apprenticeship Team Services Manager
Please note that recent changes in Google Chrome (version 101) and Microsoft Edge (version 101) mean that some users are currently unable to view downloaded PDF documents in those browsers. You can view the downloaded file using Adobe Acrobat Reader. If this remains a problem for you, then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy of the Job Description & Person Specification.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. By reference to the applicable SOC code for this role, sponsorship may be possible under the Skilled Worker Route. Applicants should ensure that they are able to meet the points requirement under the PBS. There is further information about this on the UK Visas and Immigration Website.
The University is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce, supports the gender equality Athena SWAN Charter and the Race Equality Charter, and is a Diversity Champion for Stonewall, the leading LGBT+ rights organisation. Applications for job-share, part-time and flexible working arrangements are welcomed and will be considered in line with business needs.