The role of the Cyber Security Engineer is to provide high level security guidance and ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information assets. The objective being to take responsibility for high quality service delivery.
The Cyber Security Engineer will:
- Work collaboratively to specify IT security policies and procedures
- Develop information security standards, procedures and processes
- Contribute to security policies
- Execute regular security testing
- Perform and oversee the day-to-day monitoring of services
- Analyse and interpret monitoring outputs to identify security weaknesses
- Define, schedule and manage upgrades to services
- Provide high level technical advice
- Produce monthly reports against KPIs
- Produce, manage and maintain continuous service improvement plans
- Liaise regularly with key stakeholders and service users
Interview Date : 16 August 2022
Informal contact details
Alternative informal contact details
Director of Cyber Security and Digital Assurance
Cyber Security Manager
Please note that recent changes in Google Chrome (version 101) and Microsoft Edge (version 101) mean that some users are currently unable to view downloaded PDF documents in those browsers. You can view the downloaded file using Adobe Acrobat Reader. If this remains a problem for you, then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy of the Job Description & Person Specification.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. By reference to the applicable SOC code for this role, sponsorship may be possible under the Skilled Worker Route. Applicants should ensure that they are able to meet the points requirement under the PBS. There is further information about this on the UK Visas and Immigration Website.
The University is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce, supports the gender equality Athena SWAN Charter and the Race Equality Charter, and is a Diversity Champion for Stonewall, the leading LGBT+ rights organisation. Applications for job-share, part-time and flexible working arrangements are welcomed and will be considered in line with business needs.