This is an exciting opportunity for two Deputy Category managers to join a great team, a strong and highly regarded Function and have some fun! The advert is for two positions one being permanent and one being fixed term for one year.
The Procurement Service plays an important role in supporting colleagues in procuring a diverse range of goods, services and works which are critical to the effective operation of the University.
We are looking for enthusiastic and experienced procurement professionals to work with colleagues from all corners of the organisation in ensuring our high-quality procurement arrangements reflect the needs and ambitions of the University strategy. As a member of the team, you will need a high level of commercial acumen, experience of delivering an end-to-end procurement process, with the ability to build strong, productive relationships with diverse stakeholder groups – including academic and research staff, heads of services functions, key external suppliers and partners. See the individual Job Description / Person Specification for full details
The University offers many excellent benefits, including 26 days annual leave (plus bank holidays and closure days), local pension scheme, blended working (meaning you will be able to work from home for some of your time), a cycle to work scheme and other travel initiatives, annual increments up the pay scale, and more. It is an exciting and vibrant place to work, with many different challenges.
The Deputy Category Manager is responsible for supporting procurement activity, analysis of cost data, savings opportunities and investigating market information in support of the procurement Category Management team. These positions will be responsible for the following:
- Providing support to the IT Category Manager regarding market intelligence, financial analysis, management information and risk.
- Independently working across multiple procurement specialist teams to provide support to the Category Managers including assisting in developing category strategies with the use of market intelligence, spend data, risk and management information.
- Analyse demand, market intelligence, spend data, risk and management information and prepare reports in support of the University of Reading procurement strategy development.
- Supporting procurement activity on behalf of the business stakeholders. This will include tendering, completing post competition analysis, assisting in selection and contract negotiation.
- When required deputise for the IT Category Manager.
Interview Date: 07/07/2022
Informal contact details
Alternative informal contact details
Lead Category Manager
0118 378 8308
Click here to enter text.
Please note that recent changes in Google Chrome (version 101) and Microsoft Edge (version 101) mean that some users are currently unable to view downloaded PDF documents in those browsers. You can view the downloaded file using Adobe Acrobat Reader. If this remains a problem for you, then please contact email@example.com to request a copy of the Job Description & Person Specification.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. By reference to the applicable SOC code for this role, sponsorship may be possible under the Skilled Worker Route. Applicants should ensure that they are able to meet the points requirement under the PBS. There is further information about this on the UK Visas and Immigration Website.
The University is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce, supports the gender equality Athena SWAN Charter and the Race Equality Charter, and is a Diversity Champion for Stonewall, the leading LGBT+ rights organisation. Applications for job-share, part-time and flexible working arrangements are welcomed and will be considered in line with business needs.